Take care of your eyes by practising good eye care habits when reading or using the computer. Be aware of the following:
- Spend less time on unnecessary near work - activities that require you to focus on small details or are done very close to to your eyes
- Let your eyes rest after every 30-40 minutes of near work.
- Sit in a correct and comfortable posture when you are at your desk.
- Ensure there is sufficient ambient lighting in the room.
- Maintain an eye distance of 30-40cm away from your reading materials.
- If your desk surface is too reflective (e.g. glass), cover it with a less reflective material.
- Ensure that there is even illumination on reading materials.
- Invest in a table lamp which reduces glare while providing ample lighting.
- When using table lamp at night, ensure that the room's main light is turned on,too. Too much contrast in lighting will cause eyes to tire easily.
- The head of your table lamp should be installed above your line of vision to avoid direct glare.