Introduction to Heart Sounds
Introduction to Heart Sounds explains the origin and characteristics of heart sounds and murmurs and provides auditory and visual waveform examples of the most common of these sounds. Visual displays of time-amplitude plots of the various sounds are provided in time expansion mode to aid in discerning the details of the sound.
- Identification of normal and abnormal heart sounds to aid in diagnosis
- Fast access to sound library with accurate visual representations
- Detailed description of underlying heart sound mechanisms
- Multimedia CD-ROM
- Audio playback with synchronised waveform display
- Textual descriptions
- Murmur Mechanism Guide
- Illustrations of the heart
- Compatible with PC and Macintosh systems
A special feature for the student is the ability to get definitions of terms that may be unfamiliar by hovering over the italic text or by clicking on it.
Each heart sound lesson includes illustrations of the heart valve condition. Illustrations of the mechanisms of production of heart sounds are also shown in a Murmur Mechanism Guide to facilitate learning.