3M™ Fluorinert™ Electronic Liquids
Connect with us:
A family of clear, colorless, odorless perfluorinated fluids - have set the standard in the electronics industry for over 40 years and have been used for many direct contact electronic cooling applications for military and computer applications. They meet the demanding and diverse requirements of many thermal management and direct contact heat transfer, manufacturing and testing applications.
Key features and benefits:
- Thermally and chemically stable, with no chlorine or hydrogen atoms
- Practically non-toxic through normal routes of industrial exposure
- Odorless, colorless, and non-flammable, with a viscosity similar to water
- Good materials compatability
This fully-fluorinated liquid is ideal for use in many single-phase heat transfer applications - especially in the semiconductor manufacturing industry - and is widely used in testing applications.
A unique combination of properties makes Fluorinert liquid FC-43 ideal for many electronics applications, including heat transfer, vapor phase reflow soldering, and many electronic quality and reliability tests.
A unique combination of properties and a high boiling point (215 deg C) makes this liquid ideal for many electronics applications, including high temperature heat transfer, vapor phase reflow soldering and many electronic quality and reliability tests.
Thermally and chemically stable, Fluorinert liquid FC-72 is an ideal choice for low temperature heat transfer applications. Its properties also make it useful in selected electronic testing applications.
The wide liquid range of Fluorinert liquid FC-770 (-127 deg C to 95 deg C) allows its use in heat transfer applications in the semiconductor industry, and also makes it useful in electronics testing.
This fully-fluorinated liquid is ideal for use in many single-phase heat transfer applications, especially in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
FC-3284 is used in many single phase heat transfer applications in semiconductor and other manufacturing industries.
Applications may vary by product:
- High-voltage and dielectric testing
- A variety of heat transfer applications
- Cooling and thermal management during the manufacturing processes
- Electronic reliability, hermetic seal/gross leak, and thermal shock testing
- Vapor phase reflow soldering applications, including:
- BGA attach
- Fluxless fusion of circuit board electroplating
- Conventional through-hole or SMT circuit assembly reflow
- Assembly of metal components having complex geometric shapes