3M ESPE's MDI mini dental implant system is minimally invasive and immediately stabilizes loose dentures using a 90-minute patented protocol, often completed without a flap and sometimes even using the patient's existing denture.
MDI mini dental implants are designed for stability in soft and dense bone which is essential for immediate loading. Attachment designs are available for custom retention for each case with three retention options as well as attachment designs that forgive up to 30 degrees divergence between two implants with no need for an angle correction inventory. Original retention can be restored in minutes by simply changing o-rings.
My MDI Story Testimonial - Dr. Mike Beckham
MDI is not the only small diameter implant system available but there are plenty of reasons why it is a global market-leading system and has been for years.
- Implants are placed through a small pilot hole, not into a full osteotomy
- Implant designs for stability in soft and dense bone (essential for immediate loading)
- Attachment designs for customized retention for each case
- Attachment designs that forgive up to 30º divergence between two implants
- Original retention can be restored by simply changing an o-ring
- Market leading small diameter implant training program
Indications for 1.8mm, 2.1mm and 2.4mm MDI Implants:
- Long-term full denture stabilization
- Long-term partial denture stabilization
- Long-term fixation of bridges